“We are a Family of Faith that Loves God through Worship and Discipleship, Connects with People through Fellowship and Ministry, and Changes the World through Evangelism and Missions.”
We invite you to be a part of our family. Join us this week. We’ll be looking for you!
In 1847, Neosho was a struggling little settlement on the western frontier. The Osage Indians had been in the area from many years. The Native Americans would meet here to trade with settlers from Southwest Missouri and Northern Arkansas at the “Big Springs,” or Neosho as they called it.
The earliest settlers came to Neosho around 1833 and began to build a few log houses. One of the oldest buildings in town was the Masonic Lodge. This building held the first church services in Neosho. The congregation consisted of all denominations since Neosho had fewer than 350 inhabitants before 1856.
It was into this setting that a small group of Baptists gathered to organize the First Baptist Church of Neosho in 1847. They held services in the Masonic Lodge until 1859, when they resolved to build a house at the corner of Main and Jefferson Streets to hold their own services. That church facility was constructed in three phases: the basement in 1937, the Sanctuary in 1955, and the education units and chapel in 1967.
Today, Neosho is a semi-rural community of just over 11,000 residents. We are a growing community with diverse needs. Our church has experienced some of it’s greatest growth in just the last ten years. As a result, our vision and facilities are changing too. Construction was completed on a new facility including a multi-purpose gymnasium and educational space in May 2005 on twenty acres of beautiful land at 12325 East Highway 86 just off Interstate 49 entering Neosho.
We began services at this new site on Easter Sunday 2006. A second phase Worship Center was completed and dedicated on April 7, 2019. We are grateful to all those who have given sacrificially through the years to complete this vision of relocation. We look forward to many fruitful years of ministry until the Lord returns.